Saturday, December 16, 2006

New are Silver, Old are Gold!



You know that saying, “it’s better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all”?
Well, I think where there has been genuine love, no matter how fleeting
or seemingly insubstantial, a part of that person and that relationship
will live on forever in you
.

Again, another excerpt from Ann's blog on New friends, Old friends. Yes, i rememeber our fave convent days saying in our autograph book.. "new friends are like silver, the old are gold"! ahha.. but this phrase jst seems so much more meaningful now.. now that at least 10 yrs have passed and we each have gone on to meet new pp in our lives and continue to do so. Friends from 22 yrs ago (Sharon), 17-18 yrs ago (Joon, Ann), 14yrs ago (Yinwei, Beatrice, Xiuyan). 10 yrs ago (YE, VJC Classmates pp), 8 yrs ago (Rebecca, Cindy, Nadia R), 5-6 yrs ago (YOF Singapore pp) etc

Perhaps its also the timing of things..i just came back from my JC class gathering! It's been over 10 years since met each other in school.. and we are still in touch w our first 3 months classmates too! WOW.
Haha but i must say, MOST of the
guys have put on weight! the girls on the other hand.. really unbiased
ok.. have remained slim :) some of them are married now.. some newly
married, some a few years and it so great to see their spouses! So nice to see
the 'family' grow :)


But honestly it really doesnt feel too long ago that we had our class bbqs.. our guys making fun of the teachers, that we were sitting in the canteen telling jokes and me getting them 10 seconds later..sneaking food in the LTs, checking out each others' crushes, those lab experiments together...

Man, i m feeling nostalgic. WOW. I miss those school days.. i do feel old really.. missing those days where life seemed alot simpler then. Where did time go?

There are some friendships that have been refined in the fire of time, situations and distance that have come out gold truly and some as silver.. but i wonder, if perhaps i have chosen to abandon some to be left as dredges? perhaps my heart couldn't contain all the refining at one time then? haha i don't know, mabbe. But the memories of some and the impact its left on me will live on. I have, or at least i think i have, loved
each of these pp tt i've called 'friend' genuinely at some point in time m sure, and perhaps that's enuf. The season that we've walked on similar paths are over and now we have journeyed each our own ways to lead different lives and now different pp are walking on the same paths with us. And hopefully, we can love these new pp even better than how we loved in the past just simply because of the love that has been given to us over the years (do i make sense? hmm) Perhaps there's still a chance that i can be a 'gold medallist' in the book of friendships! haha!

From the bottom of my heart, i want to wish all of my friends, silver or gold, the bestest of the best.. I hope ure happy where u are.. because i'd be soo happy for you! Miss you all tonite....

Suddenly, I rememeber my VJC 13th Students' Council Song:

Keeping The Dream Alive - Fahrenheit


Tonight the rain is falling

Full of memories of people and places

And while the past is calling

In my fantasy I remember their faces



The hopes we had were much too high

Way out of reach but we had to try

The game will never be over

Because we're keeping the dream alive



I hear myself recalling

Things you said to me

The night it all started

And still the rain is falling

Makes me feel the way

I felt when we parted



The hopes we had were much too high

Way out of reach but we have to try

No need to hide no need to run

'Cause all the answers come one by one

The game will never be over

Because we're keeping the dream alive



I need you

I love you



The game will never be over

Because we're keeping the dream alive



1 comment:

  1. Yowza tt's true. I've known you for 17 years?!!?!?! Man we were BABIES back then! But I still remember those cute little cartoon girls you used to draw, and thinking they were great. And that in my autograph book in Pri School you signed off as 'Whacky Ivy'. *lol*

    ReplyDelete