Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Myths Single Women Believe - Re-post of Ida's Blog






Just saw this blog from Ida Henson, the beautiful wife of one of our pastors in Malaysia. Wanted to share it with the ladies in ENCS and have re-posted it here. Some great myths highlighted here that Single Women believe and the full article is great! encourage all the ladies to read it :)


Cheers,


Ivy


Not Just For Singles by Ida Henson



I read this article, Seven Myths Single Women Believe, and knew I just HAD to share it with __, and __, and... But then I was being unfair. We all have warped ideas about ourselves, and so I rethought it for myself, for my daughter, and especially for the young women I lead. What do we have ingrained in our minds through teaching, counsel, practice, and imposed ideology/guilt?

[Teaser]
"Here are seven of the most deadly myths:

God will give me a husband when I'm ready.
God views me more as a useful tool than a beloved child.
When it's the right guy, I'll just know.
When I get married, then my life will begin.
Marriage will/will not meet my deepest needs.
There must be something wrong with me. If I could just figure out what it is, I could fix it and guys would start showing interest.
The older I get, the less likely it is that I will find someone."

So go on, read the article in full. © 2007 Suzanne Hadley on Boundless Webzine

No comments:

Post a Comment