Friday, February 23, 2007

Funny Eng-Chinese Translations (for Bilingual pp)




some pics of interesting signs i took while i was in china.. there were many others but i din have enuf memory space in camera to store them. anyway here it is

6 comments:

  1. I think it's supposed to say SHIMMY, which would be the closest translation to crawling, which is what their dictionary probably gave for climbing! (sigh) gotta love China!!! Endless source of amusement if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Ivy...they got 3 out of four characters translated right...it's very clear...Careful and slip. It's just the middle bit that got a bit confused! Whatever it means, stay clear of the edge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll stick with Chicken Rice! lolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny. I got a pic of a banner with the words 'harsh brown' in front of a stall selling hash browns.....at Tiong Bahru market! I wouldn't want to eat a harsh brown, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah that's a reallly really hostile potato..

    ReplyDelete