Ivy wants to do the dance of joy!! because SHE HAS FINISHED her MEDIA requirements!! Media as in her module - Media, Public Opinion & Public Policy!! FINITTO!!!
I was wondering how i was going to carve out the required 1500 words for the book review, but ended up with 2000 words. BUT in this game, it's not about the WORD COUNT, it is the quality!!! I don't know about the quality, but i know it was tough work trying to digest the 2 not exactly thrilling text books and make sense of how to integrate the 2 ideas.
My professor is a genius. You know how usually students don't normally read their textbooks in their entirety? Well he made us do a book review on both our texts so you can't help it BUT read them! all that for the meagre 10 marks.. 10% of the entire score. haha. I think I killed more brain cells ifor this 10 marks than for my 40 mark Asset Sale assignment.
I had to remind myself to give it my best shot all the same, afterall, I am to study as if that's my work for the Lord, not for Man, myself or grades rite?
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Col 3:23-24
Actually, sometimes I wonder, what kind of inheritance do we get for studying? or for chipping in for a project member that's slack, or doing sharing notes with a classmate or helping somebody out? Or perhaps it is the an inheritance that comes with a reputation that you give your 100 + 1% in whatever you do, or perhaps the character you build in that process that will stand in difficult times.
Whatever it may be, it is always good to be reminded that in whatever we do, we work at it with all our heart, just because Jesus deserves our best. Let's not compare our best with other people, coz God knows our hearts and know what's our best in our circumstances. Let's slay that ugly monster of Comparison in our hearts. I'm so glad the Bible doesn't say, "Whatever you do, work at it so that you are better than your neighbour".. a statement that i suspect might underly the working mentality of many Singaporeans, and is a mentality that i need to be careful to keep off my agenda too.
Anyhow, back to the assignment. Though its only worth 10marks, it was really good revision for the exams, so I am grateful for that.
One more presentation to go on Monday, then I AM FREEEE!!!!........to go study for my exams.. hahahah.
Lord, please make all this studying somehow make an impact for your kingdom!!
O, I almost forgot, how could i??? I got my 40 mark assignment back and all THANKS TO GOD, i got an A-!! It was really a miracle how the whole thing came about, from the subject topic (a suggestion from a friend over MSN), to the examples i stumbled upon (in another textbook from another module) and a framework for the communication plan ( a reliable source from church!). GOD is awesome :) Who says He's not involved in our daily life? even in our assignments, he cares! We need only look to Him and honor Him in keeping our sabbath and ask Him for wisdom as we go about our studies. You'll be amazed how He orchestrates your life when you let Him!
that professor isn't a genius, he's a sadist!!!! ha ha ha...
ReplyDeletecongrats on your A+. God honors those who honor Him.
ReplyDeletewow!!! galeng ivy! looking forward to more great news from you!
ReplyDeleteI know! tell me abt it.. he's a genius sadist..
ReplyDeleteactually it's an A minus.. but i'm happy about it! :)) thank u for the congrats and the encouragement!!
ReplyDeleteIvy, thanks for the reminder to work as unto the Lord :)
ReplyDeleteYour statement of desire to make all your studying somehow make an impact for His kingdom so encouraged me - for the times that what I do don't seem to make sense!!