Sunday, September 9, 2007

What's Tugging Your Soul? - excerpts frm Ps Dennis and Angie


Got this extract from Ps Dennis Sy's new blog on his upcoming church planting endeavours. The following is a prayer that he made to God earlier this year as he was seeking God for new direction:


Lord, I have been serving you for quite a few years already. I love my job and I love the ministry. I am challenged by the demands of the ministry but I am enjoying every minute of it but LORD I know you have something new for me this year. I could feel it coming! So if ever you are giving me something new to do here are my conditions:

A. It should help increase my faith and prayer life.
B. It should challenge my leadership skills more than ever
C. It should be something I am not really good at or have no prior experience.
D. It should take me out of my comfort zone

So in less than 6 months, God answered my prayer. I am now a certified CLUELESS CHURCH PLANTER. I am excited for the ride ahead!!!! Please pray for us!

All i can say is, Ps Dennis you are a true man of faith! your prayer conditions of A to D shook my faith to the bones.. they are "conditions' i'd be so afraid to make personally..haha but it was great coz it was as if GOD just highlighted those words for me in showing what He is wanting to do in many pp's lives, including mine, if we say yes to Him! Thank you for blazing the trail! :)

Interestingly, this all seemed to tie in with a blog i read from Angie, What is a Calling?

"A calling is simply God’s shaping of your burden and beckoning you to your service to Him in the place and pursuit of His choosing.

A call may not necessarily feel attractive to you, but it will tug on your soul in an inescapable way, no matter how high the cost of following it may be.

God trained Moses in a palace to use him in a desert.
He trained Joseph in a desert to use him in a palace.
Some come through winding paths,
some through the nicely paved road of privileged birth or influential friends.
Others come through the visitation of circumstances with wanderings & sudden signposts
Finding one’s calling is one of the greatest challenges in life,
especially when one has gifts that fan out in many directions."
By Ravi Zacharias, 'The Grand Weaver.'

What is the tugging on your soul this day?


1 comment:

  1. 'Certified clueless church planter'. I like that!

    Truly, when we are at the end of our rope, God's enabling Hand of grace is there.

    May we always have a short rope.

    ReplyDelete