Sunday, March 25, 2007
Found my BTT Results!! :) , Toys R Us Kid Ad
HAHAHA..
I can't believe it!! I actually found my Basic Theory Test for Driving Results Slip after 7 years of absence. I took it and passed it on 16 Feb 2000. That's even before i came to know Christ!
Apparenty the BTT lasts for life so i don't have to retake again though HONESTLY, i have forgotten the basic traffic laws and rules that they test us on. So, for the safety of the people in Singapore, i shall be revising the BTT book on my own and will not jeopardise anyone's life :)
Why the serious contemplation after putting it off for the last 9 years since i turned 18?
Not because i had a sudden windfall to buy a car in SG, but because I've come to realise:
1) It's more convenient to drive my friends from overseas around
2) It's an important life skill to learn especially for emergencies
3) I'm looking forward to going overseas and stay there a few years and not every city is convenient to get around like Singapore
4) Sometimes the family car is just left in parking lot and i just take public transportation to go where i want to go
4) You can bless more people if you can drive
So my hunt for a good private driving instructor begins now.. and yes im abit freaked out.. coz never in my life did i imagine that i'd drive one day.. it's always such a "grown up" thing to do.. and of course I realise that i am now 27, and that puts me pretty much in that bracket. It's funny coz i've never really perceive myself as "grown up" really.. i think my heart is stuck on a student mode or maybe i've resisted growing up for some time.. perhaps what i can not "grow up" in.. i try not to. haha.There'll always be a part of me that'd want to be a kid. Some moments in my life the tune of the ToysRUs ad comes to mind "i don't wanna grow up , because if i did, i couldn't be a ToysRUs kid!"
Its so funny that when i was looking for my BTT results slip i found a bday card that YE gave me for my 18th BDAY!! with pictures of us when we were 18!!! 18! that's the age of some of the ladies i'm mentoring now! haha. wow. reality.
Remember this tune??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I haven't told you this, but I see so much of myself in you (or in the way you describe yourself, at least). Hehe. :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun driving! Maybe if I get to come back for my master's in two or so years, we can go for a ride. Hehehe!
Wow Ivy! Jia You! It is as difficult as you think it is at first, but then once you get the hang of it, you can do it in your sleep (however, that is highly discouraged) :-) And just for the record, you don't ever have to be "grown up"...that's what Campus Ministry is for! hahaha! Looking forward to an airport pick-up for APEC...um...ahem...by Gary!!! Dui Bu Qi! Bu Hao Yi Se!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteHee, go for it! :) Driving comes in handy when you have kids :)
ReplyDelete