Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just a Moment of Love

I have just returned from my week-long, first proper work trip with Singapore International Foundation in chennai and Kolkota, India! I cannot describe how blessed and privileged i feel to be a part of a work that i'm doing now, to be able to go places that people would not normally go, to meet these beautiful people that God loves, simple people that you will not otherwise notice or think about when living in Singapore.

I feel blessed because i met such wonderful people in a foreign land, i feel blessed because i never thought i'd have a chance to work so closely to an otherwise minority group in Singapore. I feel blessed by the simplicity, warmth of the people, i feel so blessed to be welcomed into their homes and lives. I feel blessed that I can do a little something to bring joy to them, that just by them knowing people know they are there and think of them, makes them feel valued. I feel blessed by their expressions of gratitude with what little they have, that what they give me is more than what i could ever give them. I feel blessed to meet other people equally committed or even more to the uplifting of the lives of others, even when they don't have much themselves as well.

I feel blessed to have unplanned opportunities to share about who God is in my life and what He's done, or to pray for others on each of these trips. I feel so blessed, so privileged to be able to learn to love others through God. But I have just begun to realise (yes, rather late) that when you start loving people, your heart aches when you have to leave them, or when you think of the pain they might be going through. In that sense, I'm beginning to see this work's main challenge for me: to have to almost love them and leave them. But i guess being able to love and express it to them even for that one brief moment, is worth it. Just a moment of love, is worth it.

I look forward to welcoming 4 of the rural early childhood teachers when they come for the attachment later this month! can't wait to see them again!!

Lord, thank You for all the above privileges and blessings you've given me. Help me to continue to be a channel of your blessing and love and give me the wisdom to be a good steward of the resources you give me. Thank You, thank You, thank You!

2 comments:

  1. Know something interesting dear? God has been bringing me to minister to several new immigrants from India recently. One of them invited me to her home on the first day I met her, and I went... and the next week went back for a visit and stayed there half a day talking to her about God. She was a devout Catholic who had undergone some very painful experiences and whose marriage was crumbling. But that day, her relationship with God was restored and she could praise Him for what had happened to her. And that very weekend (the next day), her marriage was restored and she and her husband are as in love as when they first entered courtship - even more! Isn't that wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good ate Ivy and you're so blessed to have all these opportunities to share your love. :D

    ReplyDelete