Sunday, December 16, 2007

Don't Meant To be Serious But This Blog Is - by Paolo P

This is a blog written by Ps Paolo, our Kid's Church Pastor in VCF on a very sobering dream he had.

We are never too long a Christian, too much a leader or too disciplined to be exempted from falling into temptation, and that includes me and everyone of us reading this. 

It has never ceased to break my heart each time i hear of friends who have started so strong and passionate in the Lord, talented and gifted young men and women.. who have, because of impure relationships been drawn away from God. It is a moment, that I don't think i will ever stop grieving whenever i remember.. and i pray that one day they will turn back towards the Lord their God.

I remember one sermon i've heard before frm Ps Steve, where he challenged us to look around us in the congregation, and see if the people that started the walk of Christianity with you are still around. It's not how we start, but how we end.. and it's something i have to keep reminding myself that temptation is no respector of persons, and if i'm not careful to keep my heart open to the Word of God and be accountable in my weaknesses to my mentors, I could fall so easily.


"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!" 1Corinthians 10:12

Lord, have mercy on me and give me grace to keep walking with you in accordance to your good, pleasing, perfect will.


DON'T MEAN TO BE SERIOUS BUT THIS BLOG IS...
by Paolo Punzalan

I woke up about 3 am today and had the strangest dream...actually a nightmare.  I dreamt that some of my closest friends walked away from God by getting involved with impure relationships.  I don't have the gift of dreams nor am I a prophet, but I do know that when God wakes us up in the middle of the night, He prompts us to pray.

Because of this I was reminded of 3 basic things...

1. STAY IN THE WORD.

Psalms tell us that God's word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.  Being in the word will keep us from getting lost in the dark and eventually stumbling.  God's word is living and active ... a sword that is a great weapon against the enemy.

2. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO WILL PUSH YOU TOWARD GOD.

Paul encourages Timothy to flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.  (2 Tim. 2:22).  When a coal stays with the other ones on fire, it stays on fire.  Only when you isolate it is when it begins to cool off.

3. KEEP YOUR ARMOR ON.

We really don't notice it sometimes that we put our guards down and then the enemy attacks.  The enemy is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.  If we are not aware of it, we might end up getting trampled on.

At the end of the dream, I was just so happy that it really was just a dream.  But it served as a sobering reminder for me. 

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!  1Corinthians 10:12

1 comment:

  1. The more we rely on our own strength, the more likely we are to fall. But even when we fall, and no matter how bad the fall is, I hope we run towards God's arms instead of away from them. For really, where else can a disobedient and hurting child turn that would hold more love and mercy??

    ReplyDelete